Sunday, August 28, 2011

Packing up, moving on

In the next couple of days, I'll begin the first leg of moving to a different apartment in a different town, in a different state. But for now, I'm packing up my life, and getting ready to move on. It's strange really. The last couple places I lived, I was eager to move on. I was eager to get out, and get into somewhere new. This time it's different. I've established a home here. My home is my sanctuary, and I have made it such, through both my magical work, and the fact that I've lived here comfortably for the past year and a half.

While I do look forward to living in downtown Olympia, getting back into the swing of things with college, and starting fresh in a place with even more potential...It feels strange to be sifting through everything, downsizing on everything I own, and packing up what I'm keeping. It's that feeling that you're right at a crossroads in life, and you've got things pulling you two different ways. I've got that now, and while it isn't fun, I know it's necessary. Culling the things I own, but don't need, or use is necessary, and even moreso before I take the next steps to a fresh start in a new place.

I'm greatly looking forward to establishing my new magical space in Olympia, and installing the ladder I'm going to need, to get up to the loft where I'll be practicing. I like the symbolism there too :)

Wednesday morning, I'll do a rite to clear my energy from this place, so it'll be fresh for the next person who moves in. Hopefully they'll feel as welcome here as I have.

Then it's off to near the Canadian border for a couple weeks to wait for the apartment in Olympia to be ready for us to move in. I'll be in the Seattle area off and on between the 3rd and the 14th doing some work as well, but mostly I'm going to be able to take a nice big break from things for a couple of weeks, before getting settled in at the new place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment