Sunday, December 29, 2013

Mystic Oasis Studios- A new professional direction

After years of being a professional figure model, I decided to put my "career" in that field to rest after my stay in Phoenix that nearly led to me becoming a human trafficking statistic. I posted at length about it in an earlier post, so I won't reiterate too much about that topic.

What I will say is that because of that, and lots of encouragement from Og, I've started focusing much more on my art as my career. It's still in its infancy, but I figured I would share what I've been working on - Mystic Oasis Studios

It's not much, but it's a start.  I'm already managing to just barely comfortably scrape by on my artwork alone, and I have some commissions and other projects lined up already.

I have the setup for casting bronze figured out, and my workshop is coming together.

That means I'll be making these soon-



I also want to give a shoutout to Conjureman Ali a good friend of mine who has helped and supported me over the years when it comes to everything from my magical practices, to my artistic skills. He's been one of my biggest repeat customers over the years for graphic design work, and because of that, has really helped me to develop as a professional artist. You can also check out his stuff at House of Quimbanda :) 

I'm pretty excited about the logo I developed for them, and how the timing meshes up with my ventures into professional artistry and design! 


So here's to a hectic year, full of challenges, changes, and growth. 2013 is a year I never want to repeat, but 2014 will be better, stronger, but hopefully not faster ;) I'm starting to feel old at 26 already. 

Here's to a better, and less stressful future. 


1 comment:

  1. I look forward to talking to you about the Sekhmet you have made as a ring. Can you do sterling silver?

    ReplyDelete