Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Smooth Sailing

After last month's ups and downs, August looks to be a much better month.
As planned, I've been praying to the goddess Columbia, offering my support against the "Response" and the "christian prayer warriors" who do things like pray for people they don't agree with to get cancer and go blind.

I'm currently visiting Seattle, and have gone on numerous adventures since my arrival to the area. After my first rideshare flaked out on me, I managed to procure one just hours before I needed to leave to get to a scheduled photoshoot.

After my shoot (which was awesome) I went on my first motorcycle ride for the next leg of the trip. I clung like a backpack to the guy driving, while mentally praying to Sekhmet to give me strength, while zipping down the road at 80mph and going over hills from Tacoma to arrive at my destination in Seattle. It was pretty intense to say the least. Though apparently I didn't do too bad as a passenger.

I had to make an emergency trip back to Portland, where I made an offering to Sekhmet, and did some cleansing work before I left for Seattle again.

Since then I've been around some wonderful magical people, and done a lot of photo shoots. In the past few days, I've been all over Washington state, accidentally discovered an army training facility in the middle of the desert, got paid to do all sorts of crazy things, and went frolicking in a frog pond (there were dozens of them) and got pictures taken while skinny dipping as a creature from the black lagoon (I was covered in pond scum, and had fish nibbling my toes; it was awesome)

Work is coming steadily, and I'm making connections left and right out here for future work when I live in Olympia. I've already nearly made what I need for my portion of rent/deposit for the apartment that Erelin and I are planning on getting. I've still got six days out here too! It's looking to be a very promising month, and hopefully, I will be introduced to more people out here soon.

I'm terribly sunburned after yesterday's adventure, but It'll pass pretty quick. Right now I'm looking forward to relaxing a bit, before another shoot tomorrow, and invoking Sekhmet to enjoy the big beef heart in the fridge that I'll be grilling up later.


0 comments:

Post a Comment