Friday, April 15, 2011

An update on the Sekhmet Work

Not too much new to report. The work with Sekhmet is going very well, and we seem to be on decent terms at this point. It looks like there's definitely a lot I can learn from her, if my chat with her last night was any indication. Working with her seems to be just what I needed to give my life that extra boost I've been looking for. I've become more assertive, and willing to make requests of my superiors. I've been able to say things like "I'm not coming in to work today, I'm sick" if I'm actually ill, and need a day or two off from work. 

Things like this used to be a problem for me. I would always be afraid of upsetting someone, even if it meant that I might get hurt if I didn't say anything. I'm learning how to speak, be heard, and use it for personal empowerment. Even if that empowerment is only being able to take care of myself and my health, and becoming more confident in myself and my abilities, both magical and non.

I've been warned that there will be times when things will get rough, and that there will be pitfalls, but it's life, and learning how to roll with the punches is a big part of the living experience.

Being willing to try for something is what got me accepted to the college that I'm going to be attending in the fall, and what should be getting me the hours I asked for at work. My boss implied that I should keep an eye on my work email for schedule changes, so I'm taking that as a positive sign.

The Sekhmet blade is also coming along very well. I've sadly had to remove more of the metal than I would have liked, but removal of the weaker and diseased parts of the blade was necessary. The blade itself is nearly finished. I'm waiting on some better tools, and the cherry heartwood for the handle, which should be coming in the mail in a few days from a  special supplier on the east coast.

The blade has a fantastic shine to it though, and what remains seems fairly strong. Once the blade is as good as I can get it, I'll be tempering it, and polishing it before it's set in the handle. I should have pictures soon, I promise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment