Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Changes

I've noticed some interesting changes in myself since I began working with Sekhmet. I'm starting to rediscover my own confidence, and I'm starting to feel that itch to do things without worrying about whether something could go wrong. I'm learning how to live again, and it feels wonderful.

I've found that I've become more aware of my body language, and the messages I'm sending. I've started walking with my head held high. I've started not automatically stepping out of someone's way when they're trying to take up the entire sidewalk. I've started taking the initiative to show that I am someone who won't take take shit. Yes I will fight for things I believe in.  This used to be who I was, back when I was walking the streets of California as a kid. I went on adventures, I took risks, and I don't know when or why I changed. Somewhere along the way, I turned in this this submissive person who was afraid of upsetting people, and who just tried to get out of the way of the rest of the world.

I am finding myself again. I can feel my inner fire burning in a way I haven't for at least half a decade. I'm taking this, I'm using this, and I'm spurring myself forward. I'm taking a trip to California, the state I grew up in, and I'm returning to Southern California, where I first encountered the Gods. I'm feeling this pull, this need to go there, and I feel like something is going to happen. I think I've reached a crossroads, though I'm not sure for what. I'm sure I'll know soon though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment