Saturday, June 18, 2011

Battery Russell

Not a whole lot new here. I've mostly been busy with my modeling work, doing some sculpting here and there, and generally being kept pretty busy with everything. Today though, I went out to the coast with a photographer, and we went somewhere interesting: Battery Russell.

Battery Russell is an old WWII gun site on the northern coast of Oregon. It's famous for having been attacked by a Japanese Submarine during WWII, and having 17 shells dropped on them during the war. I didn't know much about it when I was wandering the dark hallways there, and climbing into small dark spaces to get unique angles for the photographer to shoot. I kept hearing something strange off and on though while I was there. I kept hearing a rattling chain, not unlike a chain on a dog leash or something. I'd thought it might have been something on the camera stand, or maybe something on the backpack, but never did see anything with a chain. I thought it was a little odd, but just kept working. I'd figured the place was probably haunted, though I didn't feel anything other than your typical "this feels sort of strange" that you get in old abandoned places, though I wasn't actively looking for anything either. I was busy working after all. I didn't give it much thought until I came home and did some research on the place for fun.

 Apparently the place is known for being haunted, and not only that, but haunted by a guy who has a rattling chain.  Could just be a coincidence, but the photographer and I plan on taking another trip out there for more photos for a sun-rise shoot in the future. I'll definitely be paying more attention then. It could be interesting :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment