Monday, November 21, 2011

Moving Forward

There's been a lot of distractions, and uncertainties in my life lately. An uncertain future lies ahead of me. There are many paths I could take, but only two I'm looking at seriously. Sometimes growth means pain. It means overcoming your fears, clinging to life, knowing it's time to let the old self die, and move toward a new life, with new opportunities. Life is a beautiful struggle. When one thing gets easy, another gets harder. There's a balance that is maintained, and sometimes that leads to times when things are easy.

After weeks of struggling, I've finally reached that last place. I'm standing on the brink of a new future, staring across the expanse of the abyss before me. At this moment in time, I'm not afraid. I feel a sense of clarity that I haven't in a long time. My struggles have led to a fantastic career as a model, a confidence in myself that rivals anything I've had before, and a greater sense of self.

While I still haven't been able to set up a proper altar in my new home, for a number of reasons, it hasn't stopped me from embracing the magic in my life. I call upon Anubis and Sekhmet before I sleep, to protect me on my trips to the world of dreams, and illuminate any shadows both within, and outside of the fringes of my consciousness.  I am guarded from nightmares, and my dreams seem clearer upon waking.


To help protect myself from the cold bite of winter, when I have to venture outside I see myself as a dog or wolf. The feeling of having a thick coat of fur, and rough paw-pads helps keep me warm, and brings me into a state of mind where I am alert and focused when outside. I'm keenly aware of the world around me. The sights, the smells, my hearing, my physical balance honed to its best.

I thank the spirits that died for the food I consume, and I enchant my food and drink to further grant me health and success in my endeavors. 

I may not have a formalized personal space where I can do my magical work, but I live a life of magic. It is the path I walk, the air I breathe, the spirit of my resolve. It cannot be taken from me. It will not be taken from me.

1 comment:

  1. A nice post. Good to read and know that you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete