Sunday, December 26, 2010

An apology in the making, and other news

After discussing the previous working and experiences with a friend, it became clear that I had wronged the "Spirits of Venus" and owed them an apology, as the source of my issues stemmed from somewhere else entirely.  As I found myself suddenly being overwhelmed by mundane things like working 10 hour days, I had been unable to collect the appropriate materials for an offering of incense. I did however purchase a large red candle to burn as a sort of two-pronged offering, and will be getting what I need for the incense in the next few days.

I found myself with the time and energy this evening to approach the "spirits" again, this time with a sincere heart-felt apology, and the candle offering. When I called and tried to light the candle, interestingly enough it didn't light at first. The flame flickered on the wick, and died, which I had never experienced before. This could also just be a product of whatever material the wick was made out of, and have absolutely nothing to do with a magical occurrence, but is interesting to note regardless.

Once the candle was lit, the flame danced merrily, and I had no further issues. Considering the size of the candle, and the late hour, I placed the candle inside of a metal can that I had used for storing some of my art supplies, and placed that in the bathtub, to be sure that I wouldn't light anything else on fire.

My communication with the spirits was again limited to feelings, and sensations, but this time the experiences were positive. The energy felt warm and welcoming, not like a hot fire, but more like the  feeling of relaxing in front of a warm fire in the middle of winter, being embraced by a good friend, or holding an armful of warm laundry fresh from the dryer. It was relaxing, it was friendly, and I understand now more than ever how wrong I was to accuse the spirits of this sphere for my problems.

I will be making an offering of incense as soon as I am able, and I hope that in the future I will have a good working relationship with the spirit or spirits that I wrongly accused previously.

In other news, the neighbor had been trying to get in touch with me again to borrow my book on runes. I also had some time to do that, after I got home from a nice Christmas dinner with friends. That led to us both pouring over the book a bit in his apartment, and trying to come up with a couple of bind runes to incorporate into talismans, since he liked the idea, but was lacking ideas on how to combine certain runes aesthetically. I came up with a couple of ideas which he seemed to like, and he's going to be studying my book to learn more, and create other designs for future use.

It looks like I may have met another magician in the building, or at least someone interested in the Magical Arts. Depending on how far he decides to take things, I might have someone living downstairs to talk shop with, as well as share art supplies with. At the very least, I've got a new friend :) and that's really what matters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment