Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

2011 is just around the corner, and in the last couple of weeks, some significant things have happened. Most of the year, was full of drama, financial problems, heart wrenching moments. These recent things however are good. I have a job again. It's a job that was willing to take me back after I hadn't worked there for a year and a half, and a job that went from being just holiday work, to actual lasting employment. I'm discovering how wonderful it is to have a job that actually cares about me again, and treats me like a human being. It'll pay rent, and take care of my basic needs, and won't overwhelm me with stress. Great, that's all I really need. I live pretty simply. I've got my studio apartment downtown that I share with the one I love, and my lizard.

I worked for a few months to try to find work, but when Mercury retrograde hit, things went pretty still. No matter how many rites I worked, or talismans I charged, work was slow in coming. I was still able to find gigs here and there that made ends meet (I tend to be very resourceful with finding one time jobs) and that's what saved us.

I won't really miss 2010. It was a year of struggles; fighting to keep my head, and my boyfriend's head above water. Things went awry left and right, and trust I had in certain people close to me was shattered beyond repair.

I've got plans for 2011. I've got things I'm going to fight for. I'm determined to make it a better year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment