Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Home again

As much as I loved my trip to California, spending time with great friends, and exploring the beautiful Santa Cruz coast; It's good to be home again. While I've traded the warm breezes, and bright sun of California, for the damp winds, and cloudy skies of Oregon, it's still home to me.

I received about half a dozen legit-seeming emails from people interested in working with me in Orange County after I left.  It looks like California isn't done with me yet :) I'll make a trip again sometime in the future, and I'll plan better this time. I learned a lot while I was down south, including more about what wonderful friends I've been blessed with in my life. California will definitely be seeing more of me, one way or another. This trip was about tying up loose ends, finding closure, and seeing how much I've grown and changed since I was forced to leave California in late 2005-2006.

While I'm having some difficulties here, I'll adjust. I'm always growing, always changing, and It's definitely been for the better. And next time, when I travel back to California, I will find a way to travel back to the desert, and return to the hill where I met Anubis years ago when I almost died on a cliff. A part of me did die at that time. It was the part of me that felt alone, and fearful. It was the part of me that gave up when faced with a challenge. That part of me is no more, but I will return to pay my respects to my past, and the god that gave me the strength I needed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment