Friday, May 6, 2011

Tarot and protection

I've been using the tarot A LOT on this trip, and it's a good thing too. It's helped me to weed out the creeps from the professional photographers in my modeling. When you're an independent in a strange city, much less the LA area, I've discovered that it's extremely important to exercise caution. The LA area is apparently much more dangerous than I gave it credit for. Growing up in a small town, despite growing up in a town with gang violence didn't properly prepare me for what I'm dealing with out here. Even my experience with the sleezeballs in Seattle doesn't compare to what I'm seeing out here.

I've been contacted by multiple people for work, and responded to countless ads for models. The majority of people who've actually responded, or contacted me have been sketchy at best, dangerous at worst. Apparently out here, calling yourself a "model" can be code for saying you're a prostitute. This has given me some serious problems with people yanking me around, and trying to get more out of me than I ever agreed to. I've decided to turn to the tarot to evaluate every potential person that has shown interest in working with me.

Because I've now used the tarot spread to evaluate clients multiple times, and it's proven to be invaluable, I want to share the spread I'm using. I found it here.

The spread goes like this, and the link I discovered it from, called it the  "Golden Moon" spread, based on the individual who created it. 

1...2...3
4...5...6
7...8...9
....10...

1. About this person
2. What you should know about this person
3. The persons distant past
4. The persons recent past
5. The persons present situation
6. How he acts towards people
7. His intentions
8. Secrets he's keeping
9. What you should watch out for.
10. How to protect yourself.

This spread gives a detailed view of the individual you're wanting to know about. It also gives enough information that it becomes possible to extrapolate further information about the individual that explains the "how and why" of why they may act a certain way, or currently have certain traits.

In at least two of the readings I did earlier today, potential clients were of dubious safety, if not downright dangerous. The readings spoke of how the individuals used illusion to mask their true intentions and could not be relied on or trusted. That was enough for me. Am I loosing money by not taking the jobs? In theory, yes I am. But that's only a theory. There may not have been any money in the first place, and my readings have been accurate enough that I truly believe that I am avoiding serious harm by evaluating potential clients through the tarot. This spread has proven to be a valuable tool to me, and I will continue to use it whenever I feel it's needed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment